Today, Rick Bloom talks about 401k plans and the many options that are available to you when you exit a job – either willingly or unwillingly.
We start with general concepts around 401k plans – what it means to be vested, the ability to take loans against the plan, and what that can mean for tax implications.
Rick also touches on company stock and Roth 401k plans.
Essentially, there are four options for 401k plans, and Rick walks us through the positives and negatives of each one. They are:
- Leaving the plan where it is
- Cashing out the plan
- Moving the plan to a new employer
- Transfer it to an IRA
As always Rick answers listener emails. Today’s questions include:
- Do current PE ratios indicate that a bubble is about to burst?
- Will the November elections impact the economy?
- Is it a good time to refinance my mortgage?
As always, if you have a question for Rick, you can email him at:
Find Bloom Asset Management on the web at http://www.bloomassetmanagement.com/